September 2.-5., 2019 in Munich, Germany
The Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) profoundly change our professional and private lives. The IoT enables managing physical environments with software. Artificial Intelligence (AI) enables new ways of processing data and identifying or predicting their development. In the summer school “IoT meets AI” we give the participants the chance to learn about both technologies from industry and academic perspective.
We will offer up-to-date insights with experts from Siemens, TUM, IMT, Eurecom, and TU Berlin. You will have the chance to apply what you've learned in challenging projects that you will develop together with the tutors:
- IoT/Edge computing to handle AI processes (e.g., to detect faults in manufactured goods via video)
- Improve the control of Autonomous Guided Vehicles (AGV) for manufacturing plants
- Usage of sensor data and analytics to make building smarter
- Environmental monitoring and analyzing assessed sensor data (e.g. air quality)
- Creating a game with IoT devices and AI support (IoT service composition)
Finally, being located in the heart of Munich we will show you our beautiful city - including the Beer garden life ;-) We even plan walking by the Oktoberfest site that will open only a few weeks after our school.
The unique combination of lectures, hackathon challenges, and cultural life promises an exciting event!
Any Ph.D. student, MSc. student, and practitioner interested in (Industrial) Internet of Things, Machine Learning, and Data Mining is invited. You will find our program especially interesting if you are working in the field of Internet of Things (IoT), machine learning, smart manufacturing, industrial automation, building automation, autonomous vehicles, sensor networks, data collection, data mining, or environmental monitoring.
The summer school will take place in Munich, Germany, from September 2-5, 2019.
The application for the summer school closes 08.07.2019. The participation fee for the summer school is 150€ (MSc students), 300€ (PhD students), or 600€ (practitioners). For students, grants will be available that you can directly apply for.
- Application deadline: 08.07.2019
- Registration deadline: 22.07.2019
- Summer school: September 2.-5., 2019
- Program: https://sites.google.com/net.in.tum.de/future-iot/program
- Speakers: https://sites.google.com/net.in.tum.de/future-iot/lecturers
- Application: https://sites.google.com/net.in.tum.de/future-iot/application