Call for papers: Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies (ETT)
Future Internet of Vehicles
Aims and Scope
Thanks to the recent advancements in the fields of Internet of Things (IoT), fog computing and wireless technologies, Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANETs) are evolving towards a new environment called the Internet of Vehicle (IoV).
In addition to vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-roadside (V2R) interactions, as foreseen in traditional VANETs, IoV focuses on the smart integration between humans, vehicles and things to provide not only conventional safety and infotainment applications but also advanced transportation-related services, including autonomous and green driving.
The potential of IoV has been acknowledged by the industrial and academic communities and many specifications targeting vehicular-to-everything (V2X) communications have been carried out by standard development organizations (SDO) such as IEEE, 3GPP and ETSI. However, several open challenges still hinder its actual deployment.
This special issue solicits original technical papers addressing the main research challenges in the IoV research arena.
Topics of Interest
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Networking solutions for V2X communications
- Cloud and Edge/Fog computing for IoV
- Social networks for IoV
- Opportunistic IoV
- Heterogeneous V2X technologies
- Modeling and Simulation frameworks for IoV
- Vehicular Named Data Networking (VNDN)
- Big data and data analytics for V2X
- MEC application-centric mobility management design in IoV
- Software-Defined Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Security, privacy, and trust in IoV
- 5G-IoV integration
- Multimedia communications in IoV over NDN and SDN
- Performance, scalability, reliability and efficiency of IoV communications over NDN and SDN
- NDN-based IoV clouds
- Machine learning and swarm intelligence approaches for IoV
- Testbeds and validation
This Special Issue encourages the submission of original, high-quality papers that are not yet published or that are not currently under review by other journals or peer-reviewed conferences. The papers should be formatted according to the ETT guidelines (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1541-8251/homepage/ForAuthors.html). Authors should submit a PDF version of their complete manuscript via Manuscriptcentral (http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ett) according to the timetable below.
Submission deadline: September 15th, 2019
Author Notification: November, 2019
Final Manuscript: January 2019
Publication: To be determined by the publisher