On Saturday, April 9, 2016, the 5th. Internet of Things & Built Environment MeetUp at V2 in Rotterdam will take place, this year with a focus on Ethics & Privacy.
This evening will pay attention and above all provide discussion to the important issues of ethics and privacy in an increasingly networked world, with the emphasis on our built environment.
Starting at 19.00 hrs. we welcome a fine line-up of speakers, all known within and/or outside their discipline for their involved, sometimes critical attitude towards technological developments which, in particular concerning these topics, remains crucial.
Come and listen to / discuss these actual issues with:
- Rob van Kranenburg, initiator/founder of Council, Sociotal. Standing reserve; on objects, people and processes’
- Ben van Lier, Director Governance & Innovation at Centric. ‘the 4th. Industrial Revolution & Questions concerning Ethics’
- Linda Kool, Senior Researcher at Rathenau Institute. ‘Intimate technology; steering behaviour in smart environments’
- Justin McKeown, Ass. Prof. York St.John University. ‘Notes towards overcoming the Privacy issue in IoT’
- Gerd Kortuem, Prof. Computing, TUD & OU. ‘Towards a data-literate society’