Ben Schouten graduated from the Rietveld Art Academy in 1983 and worked as a professional artist. He found himself interested in patterns and iconography, and after travelling in the Magreb and studying number theory he rediscovered his...
John Soldatos: the OpenIoT open source project
- - OpenIoT supports virtually any sensor type available, including both physical sensors (e.g., cameras) and virtual sensors (e.g., signal processing algorithms, social media streams).
- - OpenIoT blends IoT with semantic technologies (based on compliance to the W3C SSN ontology). In this way it provides strong interoperability features, along with capabilities for dynamically discovering and using sensors and their data.
- - OpenIoT is based on proven open source technologies such as EPFL's GSN (Global Sensor Networks) middleware
- . By using OpenIoT you gain access to an enhanced version of GSN (i.e. X-GSN).
- - OpenIoT includes several visual tools for solution development and deployment through minimal programming.
- - OpenIoT supports IoT/Cloud Integration, through integrating data streams within cloud infrastructures and providing the means for implementing on-demand IoT services.
- - OpenIoT is available under a Business Friendly License, thereby facilitating enterprises wishing to use it for solution development/deployment.