The H2020 FIESTA-IoT Project herewith announces its 3rd Open Call for Experiments, targeting advance and innovative developments in the Internet of Things over the Experimentation as a Service platform and the underlying IoT testbeds that support the FIESTA-IoT Consortium.
Overall, the project's experimental infrastructure will provide experimenters in the IoT domain with the following unique capabilities:
- Access to and sharing of IoT datasets in a testbed-agnostic way. FIESTA-IoT will provide researchers with tools for accessing IoT data resources (including Linked sensor data sets) independently of their source IoT platform/testbed.
- Execution of experiments across multiple IoT testbeds, based on a single API for submitting the experiment and a single set of credentials for the researcher.
- Portability of IoT experiments across different testbeds, through the provision of interoperable standards-based IoT/cloud interfaces over diverse IoT experimental facilities.
This call is split in two categories of experiments:
- Scientific excellence targeting experiments validating novel technologies around the IoT concept and its integration with Cloud and Big Data paradigms that clearly advance the current state-of-the-art.
- Innovation by SME and/or Entrepreneurs targeting experiments validating IoT-based solutions that have a large potential for commercial exploitation in existing or new products or services.
These experiments should be of a short duration (maximum 6 months). Per proposal a budget can be made available up to a maximum of 50 k€ per experiment.
Submission deadline (extended): 29th June 2017, at 17:00 Brussels local time.